The GFE Postsecondary Access and Attainment (PSA2) Impact Group’s mission is to deepen GFE member learning and facilitate collaboration; to inspire and take collective action at scale; and to achieve an impact that improves postsecondary access and attainment for students.
Long-term objectives of the PSA2 are to:
- Foster deep learning, engagement, and collaboration among GFE members interested in postsecondary education.
- Identify innovations to improve postsecondary systems and practices.
- Make decisions and take action based on evidence of return on philanthropic investments.
- Scale evidence-based practices to serve significantly larger numbers of students.
- Achieve measurable improvements (“impacts”) in postsecondary access and attainment.
GFE impact groups are organized to achieve measurable impacts. The definition of “impact” and metrics of success are carefully deliberated by impact group members and form the basis of field initiatives and co-investment. Long-term impacts sought by the PSA2 Impact Group are:
- Increase the number of students going to college or other postsecondary institutions.
- Measurably improve services for historically underserved populations.
- Increase the number of students achieving degrees and certificates.