Increase your knowledge. Build your network. Collaborate with others.
Join the nation’s largest and most diverse network of education grantmakers.
Join the movement. Grantmakers for Education (GFE) is a force multiplier, bringing together a diverse and experienced cross-section of education philanthropists that desire to make a greater impact on this nation’s learners. While our membership organizations vary in size, means and philosophies, all are unified by a common purpose, an open mind and a commitment to strengthening public education to improve outcomes for all learners — today and tomorrow.
Together, GFE members pledge to support:
- The needs of learners.
- Open-minded dialog.
- Informal and balanced forums for connection and collaboration.
- Efforts that help shape the future of public education.
Our members seek to make more than just a contribution, they seek to make a difference.
The forces behind our movement – our members – include:
- Charitable trusts.
- Community foundations.
- Corporate foundations and giving programs.
- Individual donors with significant grantmaking efforts (defined as a competitive grantmaking program of at least $60,000/year, funding multiple individuals or organizations).
- Private independent foundations.
- Private family foundations.
- Private operating foundations.
- Public agencies with a competitive grantmaking program.
- Public charities that devote at least 30 percent of their annual budgets to a competitive grantmaking program.
Associate membership is available to philanthropic affinity groups and regional associations of grantmakers.
Give and gain. By contributing ideas and sharing best practices with one another, GFE members deepen their knowledge of the field of education and education philanthropy and have the opportunity to strengthen the impact of their individual investments. Benefits of membership include:
- Access to a nationwide network of hundreds of education grantmaking organizations and thousands of grantmakers through in-person events and online via GFE Connects.
- Impact groups for members who want to engage deeply on a particular issue or topic.
- Free or discounted events and learning opportunities, such as virtual webinars, in-person programs and our annual conference – designed to keep members in touch with each other, on top of developments in the field, and prepared for what’s next for the field.
- An exclusive members-only invitation to propose sessions for the annual conference.
- In-depth analyses and case studies on the field of education philanthropy as well as funders guides to help grantmakers navigate investment opportunities.
- Bi-monthly newsletter promoting events and publications in the field.
- Free job postings on our website and in our bi-monthly newsletter.
Read more about member benefits »
See our dues schedule »
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (971) 200-4948.
Learning Environment Commitment
Organizations join GFE with the primary interest of becoming more effective and capable education grantmakers and engaging with colleagues in that shared interest. Our member directory is a tool for members to network and share information, and should not be used for any purpose related to fundraising or soliciting. Development/fundraising staff aren’t eligible for membership in GFE, even if they work for member organizations.